Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Building castles in the air

English idiom: To build castles in the air, or to build castles in Spain
Definition: To daydream or dream of things that are not attainable

Photos taken in Tours, France in Summer 2006

Sometimes, I wonder if I build too many castles in the air. Certainly I have learnt from past experiences that I am sometimes too positive when it comes to estimating workloads..

Especially that of my own.

On one hand, I'm trying to start up a new business... where there are about a zillion things I don't know and need to learn. On the other hand, I have some contract work.. in areas I'm familiar with.. working with people I like.

The Husband thinks I need to be more focused and am over-stretching myself.

I think that multi-tasking is good for me.. and think that I can cope. (I mean.. I really do have all these free time on my hands, don't I... Can still blog, for one..)

He thinks that sometimes to move on, we have to give up certain things.

I dream of running my business.. and doing contract work here and there on a freelance basis.

The husband is usually right, of course... But but... Is it really not possible to have the best of both worlds?

No comments: