Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pictures from Ootoya.. finally

I've blogged about Ootoya about 2 months ago. Since then, I've been meaning to take pictures every time I went. And I think I've been there for at least 5 times since.. (?)

And finally, today, I remembered to bring my camera along.. and more importantly, I actually remembered to take pictures of my dinner before wolfing it down.

Tonight, we ordered 2 of my favourites at Ootoya - Grilled Mackeral and Black Vinegar chicken. The fish is grilled quite well - very flavourful and yet still juicy. If you can't finish the whole fish, just give the tail part a miss because that tends to be quite salty.

The Black Vinegar Chicken is really quite tasty. Actually, I like the lotus root and eggplant even more than the chicken.

We also tried the Chargrilled Chicken Salad with Leek for the first time. It turned out really good, as I expected, because I've tried their chargrilled chicken before and I thought they did it quite well.

I really appreciate being served Japanese go-han (rice) and very solid miso soup (with radish, carrot and yam.. Somehow, the miso soup I make at home never taste this good).. I usually would opt for Hikiji (seaweed) with my rice.. It makes the rice even better.

After the meal, even though we were already quite full, we couldm't resist havingthe Matcha Ice-cream Anmitsu. Anmistsu is a Japanese dessert, which usually consists of red bean with a couple of balls made from glutinous rice flour, some jelly, fresh fruits and a dark sugar syrup. The one they serve here comes with a nice matcha jelly and matcha ice-cream.
 

Chargrilled Chicken Salad with Leeks.
The chargrilled taste is strong, which is good.
 

Black vinegar chicken with the nicest vegetables
 

Grilled Mackeral. Doesn't look that great here but it is very juicy.
 

One of the best thing in the set - The rice. The other thing is the miso soup.
 

The side dish that is always good and usually different.
This one is pumpkin with fish, I think. I can't quite tell but it was quite good.
 

Green Tea Anmitsu - a nice ending to the meal.
 

I often judge a Japanese restaurant by the tea they serve.
They serve good Sencha at Ootoya, both hot and cold.

No comments: