Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Roselle flowers

I've never seen the flowers of a roselle.. I've only seen roselle buds.. and I used to think the flowers look just like a bud - which looks a bit like a rose bud, and that is why it is called "Roselle".

The buds have been growing on my roselle plant for a long time now.. They start really tiny.. and then just grow bigger and bigger and bigger..

For the last few days, one of the flower buds started looking a little strange.. and today, a nice pink flower sits on my roselle plant.

This roselle plant of mine has been through a lot - Red spider mites... severe underwatering... too small pot... assorted anphids... etc. It looks a bit lopsided now because the bottom leaves are very small but the top leaves are huge..

But I'm just glad it's doing fine now.


The roselle flower and buds

No comments: