Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ice Blended Strawberries with Mint

"Today is a really hot day."

I seemed to have said that many times for the past month. And today, I said it a few times during our church's Family Day.. The weather has really been too hot!

After all that time under the sun today, I decided to make a refreshing and icy drink this afternoon.

Someone suggested I try blending mint with some milk and ice. As I also had lots of strawberries in my fridge, I decided to make an ice blended drink with milk, mint, ice and lots of strawberries. I added a teeny bit of sugar and blended everything together with my powerful Vitamix blender.

The drink is a little sweet, a little sour and very refreshing because of the mint. Sipping this icy cold drink from the comfort of my air-conditioned living room made me forget all about the hot sun today.

This is a drink I'd be having a lot more often...

No comments: