Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cakes from Pine Garden's


If I didn't know better, Pine Garden's would be one of those bakeries that I'd just walk by without a second glance.

This is because Pine Garden's look very much like your usual neighbourhood bakery, with cakes that look and feel a little 1980s.

But I've had the black forest cake before (Ting bought it for one of our gatherings) and so I knew better.

The cakes at Pine Gardens may look old-fashion but they score high on taste. I was in a cake mood one Sunday last month and bought 3 slices home - Black Forest, Lychee Martini and Lemon Drop. They were all pretty good.

The black forest one especially would make a really good birthday cake anytime. I liked the lychee martini cake too.. it tasted a lot more of lychee than of martini.. but that suited me just fine.




Pine Garden's Cake
Add: Blk 539 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, #01-2369
Tel: +65-6459 5507

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

I love their black forest. It's so close to my office now, i've been back there twice already, in less than 2 weeks!

Wen-ai said...

o yes! One of my fav cake shops too!