Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Block leave

I'm on block leave for the week.

In Singapore banks, block leave is mandated by the Central Bank. For some banks, it's mandatory to take at least 2 continuous weeks off every year. For the bank I work for, it's 1 week.

Thank God for the Monetary Authority of Singapore for this policy because this one week is so precious to me. During this one week, I'm not allowed to go in to work, log in from home, or basically do anything about work.

Which is a good thing because I have been feeling burnt out recently.

I have a million things I want to do this week.. which I know will end up spoiling my week off. So, I'm just going to take things slowly this week.. enjoy doing some of the things I like.

Like enjoying a soft cream in the mall on a weekday

4 comments:

africanaussie said...

Oh enjoy it, and that ice cream looks very tasty - it seems you have started your week off in the right way!

miruku said...

How good if i have a block leave too. I have too little time at home! Enjoy your week :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks AA! The ice cream was v good indeed. Very milky and full of green tea taste.. yumz

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Milka!