Monday, October 3, 2011

Green Mango Salad


I love all the refreshing salads I got to eat on my recent trip to Bangkok.

Since I didn't know what to do with the lone green mango I had in the fridge, I decided to make my own version of green mango salad.

Ingredients
1 green mango, shredded
1 garlic, minced1 small shallot, sliced finely
1 tsp of Thai chilli flakes (These are quite spicy, so add according to taste)
2 tsp of lime juice
Fish sauce to taste
A handful of peanuts and cashew nuts, toasted well
1 tbsp of dried shrimps,  washed and fried with a little oil

What I did
1. Mix the mango, garlic, shallot, lime juice and chilli flakes together
2. Add some fish sauce to taste
3. Mix in the dried shrimps and nuts just before serving

Enjoy!

 I really liked those green mango snacks you get to buy along the streets 
of Bangkok. You can eat them with some sticky, fishy sauce or pink sugar. 
Yummy!

Green Mango Salad with salted crabs - from the streets of Bangkok. Yummy!

No comments: