Saturday, March 24, 2012

Korean Strawberries

Korean strawberries seem to be in season now. You can find them in almost all the supermarkets in Singapore. These are really reasonably priced strawberries. I even saw 4 punnets for $10 in a neighbourhood fruits store at Aljunied.

They do not look that sweet - a bit on the pale side and not as red and huge as the strawberries from the US.

But they are pretty sweet and I find the size just nice for popping into your mouth.

I have been having them with everything.

From yogurt and muesli for breakfast..


To fruit salads for lunch..


The Husband used these to make desserts..



And I've made many a delicious smoothie out of these pretty little things..



Korean strawberries are really quite good! The only strawberries I like much better are the ones I had in Japan - very small and very red, these are so sweet you'd stop to wonder if they are artificially sweetened.


5 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

$10 for 4 punnets is really cheap!
I would have dunked them in melted chocolate and put them in the fridge! Yum!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Such a good idea!!! I should have bought those. I thought 4 punnets was too much...

Elaine said...

Will you please share which fruit shop is this in aljunied? Thats super cheap! I could use 4 punnets to make a huge cake for an office party and gobble the rest with freshly whipped cream. *drool*

Elaine said...

Will you please share which fruit shop is this in aljunied? Thats super cheap! I could use 4 punnets to make a huge cake for an office party and gobble the rest with freshly whipped cream. *drool*

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Elaine, I don't know the exact address - but I ate at a coffeeshop at Blk 119 Aljunied Crescent. The fruits shop is about 5 mins away along the row of shops facing the hawker centre. Hope this helps!