Monday, September 17, 2012

Papaya Smoothie


Sometimes, when I end up with a papaya I do not like - either because it's not sweet enough or I've cut it up too soon and it taste too "raw", I'd use the papaya to make a papaya smoothie.

Papaya smoothie is probably the easiest smoothie to make.

It's basically just papaya with ice, milk and a bit of honey, if you like. You can jazz it up by adding some lime juice or pineapple juice.

Papayas are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids. They are also rich in the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid. Papayas are also rich in potassium and magnesium and fiber.

Most people would, when they think of papayas, think of them as a fruit that helps promote digestive health. Indeed, that's my reason for buying and eating papayas. They are supposed with help lactating women as well, so I supposed I'd be eating papayas and drinking papaya smoothies regularly over the next few months as well.

4 comments:

Lrong Lim said...

Oh, sounds like a good idea... have not tried such a thing as yet, though...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Papaya + milk is a very common drink in Taiwan.. Though surprisingly not in Japan :)

Wen-ai said...

o yes... you will be drinking a lot of papaya juice and papaya soup in the months to come!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

LOL. I actually don't know how papaya soup works...