Monday, June 17, 2013

All that glitters is not gold

I really like pastries.

Each time I walk by Brunetti in Tanglin Mall, I'm attracted by how good everything seems to look on those wonderful shelves! They have heaps of shiny, colourful pastries screaming "try me" at the bar.

Recently, I went for a medical check-up at Gleneagles and needed to wait 2 hours for my medical report. It's a rare 2 hours for some "me time".

Since I didn't know what to do, I walked over to Tanglin Mall to have a morning coffee, catch up on some reading and then do some shopping.

I finally managed to try out Brunetti.

Alas, I was really quite disappointed.

The chocolate eclair I got wasn't good. The coffee was just alright taste wise but it wasn't hot enough...

Everything at the bar looked a lot less shiny to me after my coffee.. I decided I shouldn't spoil my day further, so I left soon after I finished my drink.

What a disappointing experience.

Nevertheless, I had a good time shopping in Tanglin Mall after that. The mall has a lot of interesting children's stores!




Brunetti Singapore
Add: 163 Tanglin Road #01-35/36, Tanglin Mall Singapore 247933
Tel: (65) 6733 9088

2 comments:

Celine said...

Hi OKC!
Brunetti in Lygon Street, Melbourne is definitely better than the one in Tanglin Mall. In my rare charitable moment, I reckon it might be due to the weather. Colder weather = hotter coffee and more delish cakes....... heh.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

That's true but places like Tiong Bahru bakery then.. ROCK!